|Version 1 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Data Depository tools such as CKAN are becoming popular within the humanitarian aid space.
They allow people share data sets within a searchable environment, making it easier for users to find raw data sets.
This is particularly useful for organizations that receive lots of raw data, want to make that data available as quickly as possible to their stakeholders, while also integrating that data into their own information management system.
Since Sahana produces the type of information management systems into which people want to integrate raw data, it makes sense for it to support the process of making that raw data, and other data as well, available to Sahana users.
The basic idea is to create a "data repository module" that would perform some of the key functions that CKAN does. Namely:
- Publish Data
- registered users can publish data via link or file upload
- they can add metadata that conforms to DCAT standards
- they can set permissions for that data. Start with public, metadata view only, private
- Manage Data
- users can become the (manager) of a specific dataset
- they can change its status (new, processing, processed up-to-date, outdated)
- they can edit its metadata information
- they can delete it
- Find Data
- users can filter and search through data
- they can download data in multiple formats (if available)
- they can add comments/notes to the data
- they can access metadata information via API
Schema Ideas: Title Formats Author Date/Time Submitted Submitted through (channel) Date/Time Updated Updated By Purpose Permissions: Public, View Metadata, Private Status: New, Processing (+ manager), Integrate (+reference_link, +note) Manager Accessibility Note General Note