|Version 5 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Markers get used to display Features.
We have a folder full of samples (in
static/img/markers) which then can be supplemented by user uploads.
The Database table therefore needs to have all the samples imported into it. The 'uploads' feature of Web2Py only supports having all files in the single 'uploads' folder & needs them to be named in the format: table.image.name.ext.
In order to allow good maintenance we want to keep the markers named nicely & in their hierarchy. We want a script to copy these files into the uploads folder with the correct names & insert the records into the database to point at them.
Currently this is done for just the single default marker:
marker.png (code in
NB ID=1 is the default marker
dir=os.path.join(request.folder,'static','markers') files=dir.list() etc (recursively)
We also want these enhancements to the marker/create routine:
- height & width detected automatically
- Saves database calls
- Slow to compute?
- not supported by older versions of JS or by non-JS browsers
- Do this server-side when marker added to database?
- Requires 2 extra DB calls when producing the page
- use PIL?
- jQuery used to populate the fields or else populate via hidden fields
- jQuery to populate the name field from the filename
When choosing Markers, it would be useful to be aware of the original folder hierarchy (look at Sahana2 for example UI for selecting markers)
Could maybe use this to help use Uploaded Images in a Catalogue view: