|Version 8 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blueprint for Windows Installer
We want to make the Windows installation simpler than the current one.
We want to allow an NGO field worker to download a single executable which installs everything necessary even without Admin rights.
This means providing an option for which folder to install in (default to
Inside this folder have:
- Python dependencies:
- "making a new binary distro with an updated file is as easy as unpacking and replacing the pyc file in the library.zip file"
- lxml: http://codespeak.net/lxml/
- Shapely: http://pypi.python.org/packages/any/S/Shapely/
- Better Internationalisation support for Sqlite: http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/a98973adb0225649
Shortcut should be created on Desktop & Start Menu (cutomisable to turn off) which runs app:
- start service, if installed but not started
- start app if no service installed
- load Portable Firefox onto start page: http://localhost:8000/sahana
If Admin rights are available, then provide the option (default) to install Service & start Service at boot.
Script which can run Web2Py after installing any necessary dependencies into Source Python: