|Version 6 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Ideas for improving the menu:
- Code for the menus should be segregated between the technical implementation and the layout - making it easy for non-technical users to customize the menu and reducing the clutter in the code, and reduce the amount of code being executed every run in the models.
- Define the customization of the menu in CSV?
- Make Menu customization completely independent from the modules.
- How many levels? Configurable. Suggestion.
- Application - a deployments of Sahana may contain different applications, which may be used by different people and certainly at different times/workflows. This could be separate from the main menu - at the very top.
- Functional - what does someone want to do in the current application.
- Functional level 2 / Work Stage - this could represent work flow, or just reduce the clutter in one level of functional
- Avoid 3rd level - especially pop-ups!
- Allow modules to be turned on/off and also excluded from releases of code with simple switches.
- Allow the menu to indicate which option has been clicked (flag to set a class in the li - where set flag?).
Allow the user to define a custom home page, without editing core code.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.