|Version 1 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
A framework for creating mobile applications that work with Sahana Eden deployments is being designed and implemented. The source code can be found here: https://github.com/tombaker1/EdenMobile. The framework is designed to implement many of the common use cases for Eden.
The initial implementation will support a basic app with a few different pages. The target user of the first app that is implemented with the framework will be a citizen that is in an area affected by a disaster. The first forms that are implemented will be chosen to support that user type. Implementation of more functionality will proceed incrementally. The current plan is to proceed in three phases of implementation. As phases are completed more planned phases will be made. With additional help some of the phases can be worked on in parallel.
The general requirements are as follows:
Phase I - Basic forms
- Secure login
- Multiple languages
- Be able to work offline, and update forms and content when online
- The initial target devices are Android, and ChromeOS.
- This includes registration in the respective app stores.
- Location based on GPS
- The initial forms that will be implemented areHospitals, Shelters, and Events/Incidents.
- Uploading mobile photos that are linked to events, and incidents.
- Modular design
Phase II - Mapping
- Map based location entry
- Filters for different data sets
- Download location specific maps (Humanitarian Open Street Map?)
Phase III - Low bandwidth connectivity
- SMS communication