|Version 3 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blueprint for Mobile Clients
We want clients on Mobile devices to be able to talk to Sahana Eden servers. They should have local storage for use completely offline & then be able to sync back to the server using whatever connectivity becomes available:
- compressed multi-part SMS to get maximal throughput
- forms should be updatable via SMS
- J2ME docs:
- Python docs:
- J2ME docs:
Using the open XForms standard means that we can support handsets using both Android & J2ME.
XForms editors(written in GWT, so includable in Eden as a simple HTML page):
- PurcForms - can import the output from our controller, powerful but not for non-techies!
- OX-Designer - more basic, but pretty. No import yet. Built for OpenMRS (which uses ODK)
OpenDataKit have a suite of tools to use on Android.
- UserGuidelinesMobile - how to use ODK Collect with Sahana Eden
- Android Installation
- OpenRosa - joint project between ODK & JavaRosa
Documentation on the current implementation is here: http://wiki.sahanafoundation.org/phase2/doku.php/dev:j2meclient
- This needs updating to the latest version of JavaRosa
This supports using Mesh4j to do synchronisation via SMS:
KUIX can be used to develop lightweight applications which work across may handhelds & forms can be customised easily via XML/CSS:
Old, un-maintained J2ME client for the PHP back-end, which just uses XML-RPC (=> requires Internet):
FrontlineForms is a proprietary add-on for FrontlineSMS allowing a mobile Java client to connect to FrontlineSMS and share data with it.
- Global Relief Technologies