|Version 1 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
We want to create a flexible Canvassing/surveying tool for SandyRelief. The proposed Survey module enhancements will also possibly improve the IFRC deployment.
- Flexibility: Right now, the Survey module relies on importing a pre-created "Assessment" template .csv. We want the Super User/ Admin to be able to edit the question list of survey templates - add, delete and modify questions - through a web UI.
- This may create problems when the Super User tries to edit templates active and currently in use (if there is a survey series made from the template)
- Productivity/ Usability: Providing better filtering features, progress workflows for satisfying needs, and Geocoding, similar to the current Assess module.
- Consistency: "Assessment" may be confused with the new "Assess" module. I would like to keep the user interface consistently using the term "Survey," which more appropriately implies surveying land/disasters (building canvassing) or surveying user experiences. In addition, all data tables and methods currently use the word "Survey" rather than "Assessment", so it seems better to use "Survey."
- Sandy Relief and Occupy Sandy
- currently Occupy Sandy uses the Assess module to keep track of building canvassing. But Survey has more potential for flexibility. Assess needs a programmer to change the questions in the code. Survey currently allows the end user to import a .csv file of questions
- Survey may end up helping the IFRC create and make use of disaster surveys.
To keep the UI simple, no way for editing the survey sections will be provided. All questions created through the WebUI will default to "Section 1" (section_id in the survey_question_list table will = 1).
Wireframe for Creating a Survey Template: