|Version 6 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),|
Upgrading the Configuration
Currently merging new config options to existing deployments must be done by hand. This should be possible automatically.
- Merge current settings with new default config into new config
- Preserve comments
Python's built-in ConfigParser does not support preserving comments.
- INI style config files, example
- Used by bazaar, chandler, matplotlib, ipython, elisa
- Not sure if merge function supports preserving comments
JSON or XML
- Advantage is that these are well-known formats, and both are readable from Python.
- For comments, allow a "comment" field.
Further alternatives are covered by the ConfigParser Shootout (circa 2004-2006)