|Version 15 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
This page hosts the detailed specification for the Blueprint for the Authentication & Access.
Authentication is the process that verifies the identity of a user.
Authorization provides controlled access to protected resources.
S3 currently uses the default T2 AAA system at a very basic level:
t2_group table for Contact Lists information
s3_role table for Security access
- roles initialised in
- module writers need to add any required roles there
Membership of roles is controlled via the Many-to-Many table:
However this won't be appropriate for all deployment scenarios.
- The main issue is that the current system supports self-registration...can easily diasble that to enforce manual user setup, which /can/ just be via appadmin (low priroity to make a nicer UI)
We need to extend to Data Security.
The specification we should be working to implement is in the Wiki:
- Proposed Trunk: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=dev:new_acl
- Current Stable: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=dev:security
- Old: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=dev:authorization
(NB The Vol module currently uses a separate method)
This should (mostly?) be possible using other T2 methods:
This should probably be done by hooking into the RESTlike controller
We also want to look at linking the AAA t2_person table with the Person Registry's person table
S2 supports OpenID (as does Launchpad ;) ), so that would be good to support & looks easy:
T3 defines a simple
t2.is_admin defined in
is_admin=(t2.logged_in and (not settings.administrator_emails or t2.person_email in settings.administrator_emails)) t2.is_admin=is_admin
- Function components protected with:
if not is_admin: t2.redirect('index',flash=T('Not Authorised'))
- appadmin protected in the same way :)
- Working with Realms, Users, Groups, and Roles: http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnbxj.html