|Version 10 (modified by 14 years ago) ( diff ),|
Internal Features can be displayed on the Map.
These features can be Points, Lines or Polygons (hence we need to use the OL Vector Features, not plain Features).
Features can be added to the Map, removed from the map or moved on the map interactively.
To do this via a single set of Controls means having a single Features Layer. This layer can be built up out of multiple Feature Groups.
In order to be able to dynamically enable/disable individual Feature Groups whilst viewing the map, we need to write a custom layer switcher which refreshes the whole Features Layer upon changes.
We need to use the Cluster Strategy to have nearby features aggregate at low zoom levels (& prevent performance issues)
Feature Classes can (optionally) define the Marker used to render a Feature.
These also provide the information for the popup when a Marker is selected.
- this can contain fields from the original tables &/or an Edit button to enable editing those details.
A Feature Group can be a Feature Class (e.g. 'Shelters' or 'Organisations') or can be a custom query.
(These same Feature Groups can also be used to publish data as GeoRSS or KML or download as GPX or KML)
The Marker used for the Features will be:
- The Feature marker (if defined) <- to be added later, if desired.
- The Feature Class marker (if defined)
- The Default marker
We should provide an option to allow the Feature-Class icon to over-ride individual Feature Icons.
- Use HTTP to pull down Features List as XML: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/behavior-fixed-http-gml.html
- Controls to Add/Drag Features: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/drag-feature.html
- Select Feature (inc via Box): http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html
- Popup on Feature: http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature-openpopup.html
- Style Features: http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/styles-context.html , http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/styles-unique.html , http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/sundials.html
- Download/Upload serialized feature data: http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html
- Cluster Strategy: http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-cluster.html