|Version 9 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
This is the master place to store all Person details.
This is an ontology draft for "Personal Data" (suggested for implementation in an ER data model):
It defines four axes for the construction of "Personal Data":
- Appearance - form of appearance of persons (individuals, groups...)
- Distinction - distinction between records (usually labels)
- Qualification - qualification of the data set (time, location, ...)
- Evidence - the data source or justification
Data sets must implement at least one class from each axis.
Q: How to handle the entity relationships with the extra data needed?
- Polymorphic Associations: http://www.fleegix.org/articles/2008-01-03-rails-polymorphic-associations-and-migrations
- Single Many-to-Many Reference Table which includes a 'type' reference for which sub-table it refers to.
- A Many-to-Many table for each 'type'.
- Single-Table Inheritance: http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/d9715e7b751c1e56
- A single table containing all information, with unnecessary information ignored.
Q: Including system users? (BluePrintAuthenticationAccess)
- currently we automatically add new registrations as people as well.
This then feeds these other Modules:
- Disaster Victim Identification
- Disaster Victim Registry: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=doc:dvr:english
- Missing Person Registry: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=doc:mpr:english
- Volunteer Management: http://www.cs.trincoll.edu/hfoss/wiki/User_Guide_for_the_VM_Module