|Version 8 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blue Print - Resource Select / Add
In Sahana many resources refer to other resources, eg:
- A Office refers to an Organisation
- A Warehouse refers to a Location
- An assessment refers to a Staff Member (person)
We need to have a method to enter these referred to inputs which includes:
- Auto-completing typed text
- Searching a detailed list of resources
- Allows adding new resources, while also also minimising duplicates
This should all take place in a user friendly workflow.
This design has been based around the location resource, as it is one of the most complex. A number of these features are unique to the location resource, and these have been noted.
- Display a "Select" Button (the button isn't clear in the image) next to the field to open the Select Pop-Up.
- The field should have an autocomplete which searches the "represent" of the location.
- For locations the represent should include some information about the parent of that location, eg. Manserha, Abbottabad, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Town, District, Province). This could be a deployment setting.
- The organisation represent should include the Acronym of the Orgaisation.
The Select Pop-Up gives the user a better interface to search for the correct location, and has an button to go to the Add Pop-Up
- More detailed information on each location
- Ability to do more advanced searches for locations (like http://www.drrprojects.net/drrp/drrpp/project/list)
There should be a column of "select" buttons which will close this pop-up and populate the main form with the location selected.
This feature is not just for Locations, but for any resource referring to a location, eg. Warehouses, Offices, Assessments...
- Show all current locations (with pop-ups that indicated what resources are associated with that location). If this is a map for another resource (warehouse, office, asseesment...), it would be good to have an option for showing:
- Just the locations of that resources
- All locations (with pop-ups that indicated what resources are associated with that location)
This would be a type of wizard that guided the user through the process.
1. Type (Level)
This form could create multiple records for the different levels (you might add a district and a village at the same time)
It is designed this way, because this is the way people are used to entering address. The fields can autocomplete when text is entered and autofill & disable the fields for levels below them if that location has a parent
This form would be specific to locations.
- ? represents possible coordinates as calculated from geocode
- Display other locations too (just points or polygons too?)
- Have an option to select current location using HTML5 geolocater
- Have an option to skip this step
4. Confirm / Check for Duplicates
- This would be some sort of algorithm to search for similarity between the new location and existing locations (using either on text fields or using lat/long). This step could be skipped if none are found.
- Similar locations would be listed and the user could select one of those instead
- Or add a new one.
- Close the pop-up and go back to the main form.
- Field Select.jpg (12.9 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Field Select or Add.jpg (23.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Select List.jpg (88.6 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Select Map.jpg (61.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Type.jpg (64.6 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Details.jpg (116.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Confirm.jpg (93.2 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Map Coord.jpg (101.9 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip