|Version 21 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
XSLT File Editer
As XSL transformations are used in many parts of Eden and is becoming more important. We need a tool to create XSL files, which is easy to use, as integrators are no developers. The tool should generate a XSL out of a XSD and a text specified by the user. There should be diffferent output types available (E-Mail, HTML, pure text...).
- Easy to use
- Eden module
- Possibility to use an XSD which contains the possible elements of the input XML
- Preview feature
- Realtime UI updates / Use of the Error panel
Description & Functions
- Step 1) User had to upload an XSD -> XML Elements should be shown in the "Available XML Elements" panel
- Step 1b) The user can upload an XML if he/she wants to use the preview Feature (Step 3)
- Step 2) User enters the text. The XML elements are on the right side, a click on one of them adds it to the text.
- Step 2b) 2 tabs: 1) Normal text 2) Includes XSL tags
- Step 2c) "XSL Output types" dropdown contains different modes for the output
- Step 2d) Errors are shown in the "Errors" panel
- Step 3) User can download the XSL or refresh the "Preview" field based on the XML uploaded at Step 1b)
XSL creation out of XSD & Text
- A better (but untested solution) would be this jQuery plugin.
- Apparently the best solution is developed by Google. It is platform independent and bugs are closed relatively fast after they are discovered
W3Schools XSLT Editor has similar functions but a quite limited GUI.