|Version 27 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
XSLT File Editer
As XSL transformations are used in many parts of Eden and is becoming more important. We need a tool to create XSL files. It should be easy to use because implementers are no developers. The tool should give the user the ability to generate a XSL file out of a XSD. The XSL file would eventually, produce an output that is, in human readable form, specified by the user. Most common output file types are: E-Mail, HTML, pure text, XML. This tool would be available as an object or plug-in that developers can embed in to any module to extent the ability for implementers to create the implementation specific XSL file.
The biggest challenge is finding a Web2.0 tool that can be easily integrated with Eden. There are a plethora of off-line tools.
- Easy to use
- Eden module
- Possibility to use an XSD which contains the possible elements of the input XML
- Preview feature
- Realtime UI updates / Use of the Error panel
Description & Functions
- Step 1) User had to upload an XSD -> XML Elements should be shown in the "Available XML Elements" panel
- Step 1b) The user can upload an XML if he/she wants to use the preview Feature (Step 3)
- Step 2) User enters the text. The XML elements are on the right side, a click on one of them adds it to the text.
- Step 2b) 2 tabs: 1) Normal text 2) Includes XSL tags
- Step 2c) "XSL Output types" dropdown contains different modes for the output
- Step 2d) Errors are shown in the "Errors" panel
- Step 3) User can download the XSL or refresh the "Preview" field based on the XML uploaded at Step 1b)
This GUI (without functionality) is available on GitHub
XSL creation out of XSD & Text
- A better (but untested solution) would be this jQuery plugin.
- Apparently the best solution is developed by Google. It is platform independent and bugs are closed relatively fast after they are discovered
W3Schools XSLT Editor has similar functions but a quite limited GUI.