|Version 11 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Sahana Eden's Users & Developers use Internet Relay Chat (IRC) to communicate to each other in real-time.
- #sahana-eden Main Sahana Eden Channel Connect Now
Although the web-based interface works well, it also possible to use other clients by configuring them to connect to #Sahana-Eden on the Freenode network.
- XChat is recommended
- It is useful to simply 'Ask' a question directly, giving enough context to the issue to permit people to answer, (there is no need to 'Ask to Ask'). Chat is a medium where people 'idle' in the channel a lot of the time as they are busy with other tasks, so give them a few minutes to respond when they notice the question on the channel.
- As-always, it helps to ask questions in the smart way
- If you are trying to catch the attention of someone in-specific then prefix your question with their nick. e.g.:
you: I have a problem with x. I have tried y & z, but all I can see is ... you: flavour ^ flavour: Hi you, I think what you need is ...
- If you need help & none is forthcoming, then suggest sending a mail to the relevant Mailing List (although it may be worth hanging around in IRC for people to follow-up with you)