|Version 6 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Deployment Settings can be used to provide configurable settings and functionality for different deployments, such as setting the name of the system (
deployment_settings.base.system_name) or whether the user's mobile phone number is requested during registration (
Using Deployment Settings
- Deployment Settings are defined in
- The global
deployment_settingsvariable is an instance of the
modules/s3cfg.py), which is used to store the Deployment Settings and provides methods for getting the Deployment Settings. These methods also provide default values for all of the Deployment Settings.
- Deployment Settings can be called in code to provide values or in logic statements to enable different functionality.
Adding New Deployment Settings
- If you are adding a new type (auth, base, database, etc) of Deployment Settings, add a new Storage variable to the
- Add a new method to get the value of the new Deployment Settings to the
modules/s3cfg.py) and provide the default value.
- Add the Deployment Settings to
models/000_config.pyis not included in the git repo, you will also need to add the same Deployment Settings to
- Use the Deployment Settings in your code!