|Version 8 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Eclipse is a full IDE supporting Debugging & Code Completion.
PyDev is an Eclipse module which supports Python.
- Instal Eclipse 3.6: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-360/heliosr
- Instal PyDev through Eclipse:
- Eclipse > Help > Install New Software
- Work with: http://pydev.org/updates
- Follow through the steps (exclude PyDev Mylyn Integration (optional) if it gives you errors
- Set up the Python Interpreter: Window > Preferences > PyDev > Interpreter - Python
- Add a new PyDev Project: File > New > Project > PyDev Project. Choose the web2py directory.
- Debug Configuration: Run > Debug Configuration
- Set Project
- Main Module: Select web2py.py
- Arguments: Program Arguments: -a 1234
Other Installation Guides (should not be required):
- (Simplier Instructions) http://allisterx.blogspot.com/2009/06/using-web2py-framework-on-eclipse.html
Bzr integration (optional):
Debugging with Eclipse
- Set and remove breakpoints by double clicking in the margin of the code file.
- F5 Step into functions
- F6 Step over lines
- F7 Step out of functions
- Use expressions (drag and drop from code) or right-click > watch