|Version 11 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Downloading and compiling ODK Collect, an Android XForms client
Using Windows syntax since if you know *nix you'll understand the windows command line.
- Install Java JDK
- Install Android SDK
- Install ANT, a cross platform Java build automation tool.
- Download and extract Ant (1.8.1 at time of writing): http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Create 'ANT_HOME' environment variable.
- Add '%ANT_HOME%\bin' directory to 'PATH' environment variable.
Clone "Collect" source from repository
Install yet another SCM tool, HG Mercurial
- defaults will suffice during setup
Get a local copy of the opendatakit collect repository with this command:
hg clone https://collect.opendatakit.googlecode.com/hg/ opendatakit-collect
- Install Eclipse 3.5 (3.6 has problems with the Android plugin)
- Install Android plugin
- Import project into Eclipse
- Run or Debug as desired (Tested on HTC Incredible SDK 3.0+ required)
Use an Emulator if you do not have a phone connected via USB.
To deploy you'll need to create a self signed keystore and use the .apk packaging wizard(Right click on project, menu Android tools, Export signed).
- ANT samples
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.