|Version 16 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Downloading and compiling ODK Collect, an Android XForms client
Using Windows syntax since if you know *nix you'll understand the windows command line.
- Install Java JDK
- Install Android SDK
- Install ANT, a cross platform Java build automation tool.
- Download and extract Ant (1.8.1 at time of writing): http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Create 'ANT_HOME' environment variable.
- Add '%ANT_HOME%\bin' directory to 'PATH' environment variable.
Clone "Collect" source from repository
Install yet another SCM tool, HG Mercurial
- defaults will suffice during setup
Get a local copy of the opendatakit collect repository with this command:
hg clone https://collect.opendatakit.googlecode.com/hg/ opendatakit-collect
jaxdroid has a tree with some changes here:
hg clone https://jaxtrx-edenodkcollect.googlecode.com/hg/ jaxtrx-edenodkcollect
- Install Eclipse 3.5 (3.6 has problems with the Android plugin)
- Install Android plugin
- Import project into Eclipse (project name should avoid spaces)
- Run or Debug as desired (Tested on HTC Incredible SDK 3.0+ required)
Use an Emulator if you do not have a phone connected via USB.
To deploy you'll need to create a self signed keystore and use the .apk packaging wizard(Right click on project, menu Android tools, Export signed), or use the configured Sahana Eden application downloadable from Android Market, enable accept self signed certificates to work with Sahana Eden demo site.
- ANT samples