|Version 8 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
SahanaPy Workout @ FOSS.in/2009
SahanaPy is having a week-long workout as FOSS.in 2009
SahanaPy is an example of HFOSS (Humanitarian FOSS). It is a RAD framework for developing Emergency Management applications. Sahana has been used to help support most major disasters since the Indian Ocean Tsunami including localised versions for floods in India (Bihar 2008 & Andhra Pradesh/Karnataka 2009).
How will people benefit from attending?
- Get acquainted with a new python web framework Web2Py
- Get a sense of fulfilment from contributing to HFOSS
How to Communicate?
- Developer Mailing list can be used prior to & after the event.
- IRC allows real-time group & 1-1 communication using low-bandwidth text
- Pastebin allows people to share code snippets
- GoogleDocs can be used for collaborative document authoring before copying results to this Wiki
- Dabbleboard provides an Online Whiteboard for sketches
- An audio channel can be added, if necessary, using GTalk or Skype
- Log tickets here in Trac
- Alternate options: Dimdim or CoPilot
What are we going to do?
- Export Features as GeoJSON (using [S3XRC S3XRC] with an XSLT)
- Display Features
- Make Features Editable from the Map
- Add a new format=ext representation to the [RESTController REST controller] which uses ext versions of the default layouts which inherit from layout_ext.html
- Ext menu
- Ext widgets for forms