|Version 1 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Here is a place to start collecting thoughts and ideas for potential projects which could be submitted as part of Google Summer (or Winter - depending on you hemispherial orientation) of Code (GSoC) 2010.
(I apologize if anything I've described here has actually already been implemented - it's a wiki, please fix it!)
Sharing data between separate instances of Sahana. This might include such functionality as:
- Automated syncing
- Syncing via flash drive
- Creating rule to avoid conflicts
- Creating user friendly interface to resolve conflict
- Allowing an instance to either access a local DB or server DB depending on the connection
- Upgrading a local instance at the time of syncing (could this also be done if syncing by flashdrive?)
- Would allow Sahana to be used in environments without reliable internet.
A tool to allow the generation
- In the recovery period after disasters and crisis's, organizations need to collect information about affected people to plan activities better and to assess the impact of those activities. Surveys are also important prior to disasters to assess to vulnerability of populations and help them to better respond to hazards.
- This could involve playing with a bunch of cool technologies.
A generic importing tool, which allowed data to be imported from various sources automatically. This could include:
- Importing froom PDF, XLS, HTML
- A User friendly interface to match fields
- importing from "flat" tables to linked tables *