|Version 4 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Chat Server Setup
1) Download Openfire server tar file from http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/download-landing.jsp?file=openfire/openfire_3_9_1.tar.gz Recommended version: 3_9_1
Note: the .tar.gz build does not contain a bundled Java runtime (JRE). Therefore, you must have JDK or JRE 1.5.0 (Java 5) or later installed on your system. You can check your java version by typing "java -version" at the command line and (if necessary) upgrade your Java installation by visiting http://java.sun.com
2) Using the .tar.gz, extract the archive to /opt :
sudo tar -xzvf openfire_version.tar.gz sudo mv openfire /opt cd /opt/openfire/bin ./openfire start
Doing this will enable web console. Open the browser with url http://127.0.0.1:9090/
3) Follow through the onscreen steps to set up web console. Basic Steps Language Selection Server Settings: Choose default Database settings: Select embedded as of now since database integration is still in progress. Profile Settings: Default (store users and groups in the server database) Admin account: Give a valid email address for admin
4) After logging into admin console go into server settings tab, go into HTTP Binding and enable “Clients can connect to this server using HTTP binding. ”. and save the settings.
The port numbers can be changed to whichever you like. The default ports are 7070 and 7443. This port number is the one which will be used to connect by Sahana Eden Chat. So the chat ip to be entered in 000_config file will be "<public ip>:<port selected>".
Go to Server->Server Settings->HTTP Binding and enable script syntax.
5) Go into plugins, from available plugins install Client Control Presence Service Search(will already be installed) User Creation User import Export Registration Broadcast
If for some reason you cannot see available plugins you can upload jar files after downloading from https://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins.jsp.
6) Restart the Openfire server.
sudo /opt/openfire/bin/openfire restart
Setup contact list for each user and greeting message
1) Create a group called "everyone". Users/Groups -> Groups -> Create New Group .
2) Click enable in Contact List (Roster) Sharing.
3) Enter “everyone” as Group Name and tick share group with additional users(after clicking select all users option).
4) Go to User/Group -> Users -> Registration Properties
5) Enter whatever message you want to welcome message box and click on save message. 6) Enter the default group as “everyone” in default group box and click on save group. 7) Then in the registration settings box at the top tick:
- Enable welcome message.
- Enable automatically adding of new users to a group
Click on Save Settings.
8) Go to User/Groups -> Groups.
Go to everyone group and manually add admin as the user to that group.
Setup Status messages
1) Go to Server -> Server Settings -> Presence Service and change presence visibility to Anyone.