|Version 9 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Installation Guidelines: Linux - Developer (Manual)
Examples are shown for Debian-based systems.
Because of this wiki being based on a Debian system, it is assumed that all systems are running with the "sudo" command. Remember to put "sudo" before every command with apt-get! (For example, instead of "apt-get python2.7" the command would be "sudo apt-get python2.7).
The latest Python 2.7 version is currently recommended.
For Debian-based systems like Ubuntu:
sudo su - apt-get install python2.7
Install Python Libraries
Linux users should generally use the packages provided for their specific distribution, where available.
- lxml for XML export/import
- Shapely for GIS Features
- ReportLab for PDF output
- PIL Python Image Library for PDFs
On Debian-based systems, like Ubuntu:
sudo su - apt-get install python-lxml apt-get install python-shapely apt-get install python-reportlab apt-get install python-imaging apt-get install python-dateutil
- xlwt for XLS output:
apt-get install python-xlwt
- xlrd for reading spreadsheets (used by survey to import data held on a spreadsheet)
apt-get install python-xlrd
- numpy required by matplotlib
- SciPy required for S3Cube
- MatPlotLib for charts (used in the Survey & Delphi applications & for the S3Cube pivottable reports)
- setuptools for installing tweepy
- tweepy python library to interact with twitter
- Pyserial for SMS Features
- MySQLDB for accessing MySQL databases:
apt-get install python-mysqldb
- Psycopg for accessing PostgreSQL databases:
apt-get install python-psycopg2
We use the Bazaar Distributed Version Control System
apt-get install bzr
Install Web2Py & Sahana: