|Version 2 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Howto build the Developer installer
Install 7 Zip and NSIS Extract the folder attached to this wikipage Download all dependencies/libs (Take a look into the Eden-python-Installer-Dev.nsi around line 157, they are listed there)
- Put the python-2.7.2.msi in the same folder as the .NSI-file is
- Use 7zip to extract all libary installers except numpy and pywin.
- Copy the extracted files into the right folders:
- Content of the PLATLIB folder into the site-packages/<LIBNAME>/ folder.
- Scripts into the scripts/<LIBNAME>/
- Dlls into dlls/<LIBNAME>/
Numpy is compiled based on the processors SSE-Support, so it can't be extracted correctly. Pywin is also not extractable. Just copy the installers into the same folder as the .nsi file is. Name them numpy.exe and pywin.exe. They will show up during the installation process later, but there is no easy way around that.
The next step is to prepare Web2Py and Eden. Just copy web2py (with eden in it's "applications" folder) into the working-copy directory. Folder structure should be like that: /working-copy/web2py/<FILESHERE>. Make sure that you include the .bzr files, otherwise web2py and eden can't be updated later.
Now you are ready to compile the installer: Open NSIS and click on "Compile NSI scripts" -> File -> Load script..., Select the NSI file and wait until compilation is complete. The installer should be in the same directory as the NSI file is, named Eden-Python-Installer-Dev.exe.