|Version 16 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Pakistan Deployment Cycle
We want to do daily upgrades of the system from a single script:
- Upgrade Live with code release from UAT
- Read VERSION from UAT to know which revision to pull to live
- the 'update' script falls back to 'bzr pull' but supports an 'update XXX' arg to 'bzr pull -r XXX'
- Send a notification to the list (for testers) with a summary of the day's changes: Full list of fixed bugs to be verified, New features to be Tested
- Upgrade UAT to Trunk code
- Send a notification to the list (for users) with a summary of yesterday's code changes: Focussed on new features & notable bug fixes
- Refresh the UAT database with data from Live
- Include 'uploads' folder
- Need to ensure that User Accounts in Test are not overwritten
- Need to ensure that Role memberships in Live & Test can be different
Notifications can be built with info from:
- Trac Timeline: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/timeline
- LP ChangeLog: https://code.launchpad.net/~flavour/sahana-eden/trunk (included in Trac timeline)
- Investigate a custom Trac script to build the report automatically
- possible examples which can help with writing this:
- Confirm versions of all base software the same on both sides
- Set deployment_settings on UAT to the same as Prod
- Configure Apache Maintenance site
ln -sf /etc/apache2/sites-available/maintenance ln -sf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pakistan This should be enhanced by: * keeping access to phpMyAdmin * allowing access to site through a browser - but using a different name (which we don't publish) * improving the text on the maintenance page
- Extend scripts:
pull migrate (CLI web2py load as 'su web2py') mv models/000_config.py.THIS models/000_config.py migrateoff DBsync (tbc)
- Update Demo (whilst keeping the logins there intact - all other data can be dropped)
- Investigate a fix or alternative to http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/MathCaptchaPlugin for allowing Trac users to register bugs anonymously whilst not locking out our testing team.
- Convert from sqlite to PostgreSQL (or MySQL) to improve performance
- Schedule the Ushahidi imports:
- http://pakreport.org/ushahidi/api?task=incidents&by=all&resp=xml&limit=1000 (how to avoid this?)
- Can we pass URL as argument?
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.