|Version 1 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Portable application generator is used to create offline windows standalone instance with or without data exported from a live Sahana Eden instance. This page serves as a guide for its usage.
Create web2py standalone exe
The portable application generator requires a web2py exe built with the libraries required by Sahana Eden.
- Install the Eden developer environment with python 2.7 http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelinesDeveloper
- Install cxfreeze from http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net/
- Copy static/scripts/tools/standalone_exe_cxfreeze.py to your web2py directory.
- Run the following to generate a standalone web2py executable in the build directory of the web2py directory.
python standalone_exe_cxfreeze.py build_exe
- Rename the build inside the build directory as web2py and compress it to create web2py.zip (Note: The zip file needs to uncompress to produce a directory named web2py)
Using Portable application generator
- Upload the web2py.zip created above to your Sahana Eden instance.
- Select the required options to generate the portable application.
- After initial generation of the portable application - a provision is provided to download the last built portable application.