|Version 26 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
GHC2010 Sahana-Eden Home
Since we expect GHC2010 Codeathon participants to reflect diverse skills and expertise, we have identified a range of projects. We will try to label these projects as more suitable for non-coders or non-Python-coders or coders unfamiliar with Web services where possible.
Codeathon projects that do not involve programming - YES THEY ARE VERY USEFUL!!
- Provide feedback on an existing Eden module.
- Test a module.
- Report bugs.
- Document workflow.
- How to report a Sahana bug? http://www.sahanafoundation.org/bugs
- More on documentation...
- Pick a module - Fran/Pat - please suggest some.
- Step through the functional processes, with a focus on data entry and usability testing.
- Provide documentation for Sahana developers or log a ticket.
- Develop a HOW TO guide for other Sahana users.
- Provide tooltips for ??? Avni / Jen - Please add an appropriate link.
Sahana deployments - WE ARE LIVE!!!
- Are we going to bring down this site if we have 200+ people hitting it? How can we make this a WIN WIN?
- Entering data on live Pakistan site - Fran what can be done?
- Researching info for Pakistan site.
Simple(r) projects for non-Python (or non-web services) coders
- Bug fixing
- Polishing existing modules (very useful!)
- Fixing UI issues
- Adding features
- Small projects that don't require lots of reading of S3 docs ;-)
- Details on how to fix bug # 717 http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/ticket/717
- Fran / Pat - Please add some details pointing to the relevant files that need to be touched and also the corresponding database tables.
- Fran / Pat - please add a note about reviewing database tables.
More complex projects for Python (or Web Services) coders
- Major modifications to the Eden database.
- Create and develop an entire module, hopefully one that is requested for Pakistan.
- Create an entirely new application!
Note that some of these projects are well specified while some of them may only be a germ of an idea.
- Tweak the Tweet (or SMS) parsing
- Parse formatted SMS messages or tweets (e.g. key value pairs)
- Detect when message interpretation isn't certain and dispatch to a human reader (use Job Jar)
- Create database records from parsed messages
- Extend Sahana to support Maitri - a nonprofit organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area, that primarily helps women & families from South Asia facing domestic violence, emotional abuse, cultural alienation, human trafficking or family conflict.
- Fran: This could be very useful, especially with user stories.
- A map could easily be added, if we have a use case
- Job Jar
- UI for assigning data entry or similar tasks to users
- Track who does what, mark completed
- Admin UI for defining tasks
- Cross-check / verify task, or compare result of 2 users on same task
- Pakistan Organisations.csv (22.9 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- SahanaCamp Simulation.doc (2.1 MB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Home.jpg (152.0 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Dashboard.jpg (134.6 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - List.jpg (178.4 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - List Add.jpg (128.5 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Components.jpg (93.8 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Haiti Organisations.csv (130.9 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- DRR Project Portal Organisations.csv (242.6 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Organisation Collation from GCI Task 1.xls (255.5 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
- Icons.zip (508.5 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.