This project was part of Sahana Eden Google Summer of Code
- Abstract: In the aftermath of a natural disaster, it is imperative that the extent of the damages be evaluated in a timely manner. Enter stage right, Survey Tool: A tool to create, manage, and enter surveys to assess the needs of the peoples affected by the natural disaster to deliver the much needed aid in an efficient manner.
- Implements BluePrintSurveyTool
- Student: Robert O'Connor
- Mentor(s): Michael Howden, Mark Prutsalis and Gavin Treadgold
- Templates make up the survey then questions are added to the template.
- The template is then added to a series.
- The series is what you enter data for.
|Text Field which disallows non-numeric answers
|Number of persons affected
|Text Field with a date selector on focus
|Date of Assessment
Creating a Survey
- From the front page -- select "Survey Module"
- Go the "Template" menu and select "Add"
- Fill out all details.
- Click "Next"
- you can either: select questions that are in the system or click "Add Question" and the question will be added to the dropdown and selected for you.
- Click "Save."
Creating a Series
- Go to the "Series" menu and select "Add"
- Fill out all details
- click "Save"
- Go the List page
- click "Answer" to fill out the survey or "Results" to view results for that series.
Outstanding Issues and/or bugs
- Drop-down menu doesn't update when the first question is added to a template but does once you reload the page via "Add Question" popup.[happens sporadically]
- Apparently it doesn't like questions that start with the letter "B"haven't been able to track it down yet
- cannot re-order questions (yet!)
- deleting questions is touch/go -- actually non-existent I think.. I don't remember.
- adding more may or may not work.
- No configuration exists at current -- but will in later versions of this project. Keep an eye on Post-GSoC branch
- More question types are planned but work is necessary to support them.
- Support for sections is something that would be great to have -- but not sure how to support this with CRUD forms...