|Version 4 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Translation to other languages is highly appreciated - please contact the Sahana Localization team for advice.
Translating Eden to a new language
Create language file:
You can then either edit this in the Web2Py admin UI or else convert to a .po file for use in standard PO file tools such as Virtaal:
You can -also- try a new method, using an experimental tool, which translates any file (including the web2py languages files) using the Google Translate API:
- Go to Auto-Translator and download/install the .tar.gz archive or through easy_install Auto_Translator (easy way, if you have installed setuptools).
- The application runs in command line mode for web2py, just
- Sahana Pootle server is available as on online facility for collaboration, translation refinement and workflow control
Wiki pages translation
- translated pages with ISO 639-2 language code extension (original english page = no extension), e.g.
- original page: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation
- german translation: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation/de
- insert [[TranslatedPages]] macro to display a list of available translations of a page (at best at bottom of page)