|Version 3 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
S3XRC being a powerful backend that serves XML and JSON in a RESTful manner has now got a front-end framework that can exploit its positives. S3UI - the new ExtJS based front-end help us not only utilize S3XRC but also save a lot of bandwidth by exchanging information in JSON instead of full page reloads. This in turn aims to create an easy and quick workflow for different tasks that a user does with Sahana Eden.
- GSoC project - not yet merged with Trunk
- S3UI Framework allows end users to speed up their workflow by providing widgets that work on S3XRC.
- Right now it has 3 major elements -
- Grid View widget
- Popup Forms
- Rheader tabs
- In place edits and creation are possible now.
- S3UI framework communicates to backend in JSON through ExtJS
- BluePrint S3UI