|Version 16 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
What is Sahana Eden?
- Sahana Eden is an Open Source Humanitarian Platform which can be used to provide solutions for Disaster Management, Development, and Environmental Management sectors.
- Open Source means that it is easily Customisable, Extensible and Free.
- It is supported by the Sahana Software Foundation.
- Try it now on our Demo Site
- Project Brief
Where has Sahana been used?
- ICT for Disaster Risk Reduction 2, Asian Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communications Technology for Development - 2010
- UNESCAP Technical Paper - 2009
- Communications of the ACM - 2009
- Disaster Resource Guide Quarterly - 2008
- Asia-Pacific Development Information Programme - 2007
- UNDP IOSN Case Study - 2006
The following are some of the available modules:
- Requests Management - Tracks requests for items and assistance and matches them against sources.
- Inventory Management – Receive, Send and Manage Items in Inventories
- Volunteer Management - Manage volunteers by capturing their skills, availability and allocation.
- Missing Persons Registry - Report and Search for Missing Persons.
- Disaster Victim Identification.
- Shelter Registry - Tracks the location, distribution, capacity and breakdown of victims in Shelters.
- Hospital Management System - Hospitals can share information on resources & needs.
- Organization Registry - "Who is doing What & Where". Allows relief agencies to coordinate their activities.
- Decision Support 2.0 - Virtual support of posting problems, discussing ideas, voting on solutions resulting in a ranked list.
- Mapping - Situation Awareness & Geospatial Analysis.
- Messaging - Sends & Receives Alerts via Email & SMS.
- Document Library - A library of digital resources, such as Photos & Office documents.
Sahana Eden is a project of the Sahana Software Foundation