|Version 2 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
A "Work Out" is an intense period of work either focused around specific tasks or a specific event where a number of Sahanians are together (eg. a FOSS Conference).
(Feel free to modify this definition)
They could either be held in a physical location with a group of Sahanian, or virtually (perhaps over the period of a week), or a combination of both.
Proposed Work Outs
Any of these could potentially be merged...
There seem to be a number of things which we could do to make the code more "beautiful", easier to read and easier to work with. This could be a good opportunity for people new to the code to get a deeper understanding of how it all works, while the more experienced can offer advise + checking).
These ideas are just proposals...
- Getting rid of the database reserved keyword warnings
- Replaced repeated code with functions (eg a pop-up wrapper function)
- Standardized coding conventions (Naming, Indents, " vs ')
- Moving imported data out of code and into csv/xml files
- Adding header information to all code
- Wrapping code lines so that they are readable on a single page
- Documenting functions
- Ensure that all gross module functionality (SMS, GIS, Email) have easily accessible, easily integrated functions, API even?
- "Organisation" vs "Organization" - OK, I speak the Queen's English too, but after working for an American "Organization", I now get confused - can we just change it to "Org" in the code?
Learning the Framework
Especially for GSOC Students and Mentors
- Using BZR
- REST Controller
GSOC Student Selection
- Some sort of workout to gauge the skills and interests of students
- Could be combined with either of the top 2 workouts
- Student applications must be completed by 9 April, the organization must select students by 21st April. A good time for the workout could be the week of the 12th - 18th of April
- Developing a volunteer management module