Update HMS Records
Several schema changes have been made to accommodate additional data elements critical to tracking hospital data in Haiti. Of most importance is to record a unique identifier - or UUID - for all hospitals and health facilities in Haiti. This will better allow for interoperability between different open source systems tracking hospital data for Haiti. It has been agreed that PAHO - the Pan American Health Organization (part of the World Health Organization) as the lead of the health cluster, will provide these UUIDs for all health facilities in Haiti.
A current list of UUIDs can be found here: | HHS Public Site of Haiti Health Facilities
- Review the PAHO list and identify the matching health facility record for all hospital records within Sahana
- Edit the hospital record within Sahana to add the UUID provided by PAHO for this facility
- Issue: there are duplicates within the PAHO data... until these are resolved, pick the best match and record all duplicate IDs in the comments field of the Sahana record. This will allow us to reconcile these records later as the PAHO list is cleansed of duplicated.
- Cross-check all geo-location data against hi-res imagery as required if there is any question as to the coordinates of the hospital. Note: we have a HIGH degree of confidence in our current data set of coordinates.
- Cross-check Sahana's list of hospitals against OSM (probably more complete and current) and update Sahana.
- Cross-check Sahana's list of hospitals against Clinton Foundation list (they are tracking about 2 dozen) and update Sahana.
- Additional task: identify health facilities that are not currently included in Sahana's list of hospitals that should be treated as hospitals
- There are many health facilities that are not hospitals per se, but given the exegencies of the earthquake response, are effectively operating as hospitals (e.g. they have inpatient beds).
- These need to be identified and added to Sahana's registry.
- Cross-check against OSM and Clinton Foundation.