|Version 20 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Maldives Specifications
Table of Contents
Click to view Current SAMBRO Installation for Maldives
This is a SAMBRO specific deployment for the Maldivian context. Maldives National Disaster Management Center (NDMC) is the principal implementer working in partnership with the Maldives Meteorological Services (MMS). This document contains the implementation specifications and requirements.
The stakeholders listed will be involved in the implementation. Some of these organization help Police services within the country, few to mention among many.
|Organization||Roles and Responsibilities|
|Maldives National Disaster Management Center (NDMC)|
|Maldives Meteorological Services (MMS)|
|Housing and Infrastructure (Lands and Survey Department)|
|Fire Search and Rescue Department|
|Maldives National Defense Force (Coastguard)|
|Maldives Red Cross|
|Communication Authority of Maldives (CAM)|
|Department of National Planning|
|Ministry of Tourism Arts and Culture|
|Ministry of Health|
|Ministry of Education|
An effective warning and messaging system can help prepare manage the risk and effective that can be caused by natural calamities. Different organization can prepare for open spaces/ safe places, prepare for food scarcity that could arise, help protect power stations and different other infrastructures, reduce the cost of renovation, and most of all save life of hundreds of people.
Implementation benefits and expect outcomes
- As NDMC and MMC, I can gain the interoperability and automate the warning and alerting system such that several modes of communications like messaging, telephone calls and Radio can be integrated in one CAP based system.
- This project also helps NDMC to build institutional capacity by installing required hardware and data center (data which are acquired from TV/Radio Broadcasters, Telecommunications service Operator and CAM) to help organizations to respond to all kind of hazards using information which are near real time feed.
- Maritime response team can be benefited as this system helps them to carry a thorough search and rescue services because of support of different technologies (VHF Radio) in the SAMBRO.
- Tourism plays an important part in the economy of Maldives. Safety of Tourist is the utmost priority. The system helps Ministry of Tourism to safeguard the life of people visiting the country by making them aware of the possible hazards and thus making arrangement of rescue if things went the other way around.
- Other stakeholders, according to the information gathered from the developed system, can provide direct service to the citizen’s in need according to their theme.
- MMS monitors and forecasts the weather.
- English is the only language to be used in the current implementation and all messages issues through the system. It is not important to translate the GUI, data, or messages into the Maldivian language: Divehi.
- There should be two mirrored installations with one at NDMC and the other at MMS (Met Dept). The data on each system will be synchronized with the other. Each installation will have their own SMS gateway, where MMS will use their SMS gateway to alert focal points (selected Government, NGO, and Individuals) and NDMC will use their own SMS gateway to alert the Public and Closed User Groups.
- System shall be able to integrate CAP feeds for the media system; implement RSS feeds to the CAP messages. These RSS feeds shall be interoperable between different available systems like Radio/TV, Telephone Company and different web services.
- System should be able to provide the service and help, when in actual need, i.e. at the time of hazards. This requires effective, flawless, reliable access and uninterrupted services in a timely manner in any geographical target.
- The distinguished requirement of CAP is that the system should be able to support for multiple message type according to the level of Urgency, Certainty and Severity. The system shall be able to distinguish between through message priority categorization.
- Major Stakeholder NDMC has the opportunity to study the feasibility to translate the CAP messages into voice messages hence develop the Text-to-Voice System. However, this remains unpromised and depend on the availability of time and resources of the project.
- The system shall also support the SMS messaging service to alert the targeted audience about the possible hazard and at the time of managing those hazards.
- In order to support different hazard alert and multiple messaging type according to Urgency, Certainty and Severity and different geographical location, system requires different GIS Data Layers to visualize those in the maps.
- Met doing right now...should move to DMC
- Local gateway just has web ui no API
- Clickatell support theoretically good: both carriers (CBF don't support)
- No need to support Unicode as handsets don't display it anyway
- Need to link to VHF & Cell Broadcast (VHF may be safer with human operator as TTS may not be reliable)
- CAP workflow
- Want to deny Approvers from being able to create messages - needs to be separate people.
- Public UI
- Want local script for public UI but not admin UI
- ? Want to be able to have SAMBRO HTTP POST new alerts to them (so they don't need to poll RSS feed too heavily)
- No sub-national boundary data available?
- No hazard maps available (GIC happy to work with them from March)
- DMC trained on using ISDR's CAPRA-GIS, happy with it but Windows desktop app.
- "Improved ability to do Assessments from 6 months to 4 days." uploading Excel worksheets collected on laptops
- DMC plan to open 19 sub-offices on different islands.
- Dev who can do Foundation themes & PHP, happy to learn Python
Use case diagram can be found here
Process flow diagram can be found here
The SAMBRO GUI Design Page is this
- The wireframe built using Python and Eden frameworks. The code is here. Anyone can use this as the basis to continue the CAP Broker developments.
- This ticket contains some of the screen shots and initial GUI layouts with some descriptions.
 CAP 1.2 Specification
 CAP Broker
 Maldives Workshop