|Version 1 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
“Dedicated to saving lives by providing information management solutions that enable organizations and communities to better prepare for and respond to disasters.” -Sahana Software Foundation- Team Software Evolution has been presented with an exhilarating opportunity to collaborate with the Sahana Software Foundation to enhance the blueprint module created on Emergency Medical Records. Medical records serve as journals that provide healthcare professionals with pertinent information they need to make informed decisions concerning patient’s care. Medical records document patient demographics, medications taken, and previous illnesses and treatments. Typically medical records are stored at a doctor’s office, clinic, or hospital. They consist of reproduced forms that are printed on paper, and placed in a file that has been created for the patient by the office staff. Unfortunately, when a natural disaster occurs, medical records can easily be destroyed by the conditions or the weather conditions can prevent anyone from accessing them.
Through the use of agile development Team Software Evolution and the Sahana Software Foundation has decided to split the enhancement of the Emergency Medical Records Management System into 6 parts:
- Security & System Verification-responsible for developing data encryption algorithms so that every exchange of data is completely secure. Create a network of virtual servers will hand the flow of information.
- Constructing of Intranet-responsible for the implementation for social media within an Intranet structure. This includes: Twitter, Text Messaging, and Email.
- Communications-responsible for developing voice dictation, video-conferencing modules within the Emergency Medical Records Management System.
- Databases for Departments-responsible for the incorporation of Laboratory, Pharmaceutical, and Radiology Department with the Emergency Medical Records Management System.
- Resources & Reports-responsible for creating a database that consists of resources for the medical staff and the resources within the database are updated in real-time. Reports are responsible for taking all of the data that is being input into the system and make it useful.
- Testing-responsible for testing various stages of the development process. Collecting data and analyzing it and forwarding the information to the project manager over that particular phase. We don’t want the programmer who are developing the software to also be the ones who are testing the software.
- To create a web based Emergency Medical Records Management system that is compatible with all operation systems.
- To create an Emergency Medical Records Management system that is responsive. Developing software with responsive capabilities gives the medical staff the flexibility to use their smart phones, tablets, or laptop computers to input and retrieve data without the information being distorted.
- Develop software that provides real time documentation from patient arrival until the patient is discharged.
- Provide email and text notifications to alert the medical staff when lab results are ready, and when prescriptions have been filled.
- Design an Emergency Medical Management System the mains the highest level of date integrity and security to maintain patient confidentiality.