We want to be able to Print maps.
This will require access to the same view as the user is seeing, so will require using their Authentication & saving all their settings (Viewport/Active Layers/Filter Status) & passing to a Browser.
We have a solution in trunk based on using PhantomJS via Selenium:
Another option is using Java:
- MapFish Printing Module
- Reasons why Java was chosen: http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/wiki/Proposals/PrintModuleSpec
- GeoExplorer notes on this: http://projects.opengeo.org/geoext/wiki/Printing
- We'd like to be able to print to an Image not just a PDF:
- Possibly-useful libraries:
- http://www.htmldoc.org - used by http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWikiToPdfPlugin
PDF export of data attributes is a representation added to the RESTlike controller.
Printing the current view would be the same as printing a WebMapContext.