|Version 7 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
- T() function performs dictionary lookups (similar to GNU/gettext _()), see here for example
- the dictionaries are located in the languages subfolder of the application
- dictionaries can be translated using the web2py web interface (RAD mode)
Pootle/translate toolkit and web2py dictionaries
- Sahana Pootle server will be kept as online facility for collaboration, translation refinement and workflow control
- web2py translation dictionaries can be converted into PO files and vice versa, e.g. using:
Wiki pages translation
- translated pages with ISO 639-2 language code extension (original english page = no extension), e.g.
- original page: trac.sahanapy.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation
- german translation: trac.sahanapy.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation/de
- insert [[TranslatedPages]] macro to display a list of available translations of a page (at best at bottom of page)
- Babel - good toolkit to combine with GNU/gettext
- LaunchPad Translations - access to Ubuntu community
- GoogleTranslate can be used to help translators get started, but needs humans to make cultural and linguistic refinements
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.