|Version 8 (modified by 14 years ago) ( diff ),|
The original language of the Sahanapy user interface, source code labels and comments, and the Wiki pages is English (international). No contributions can be accepted without being at least translated to english. If you need help to translate your contents to english, please contact the Sahana Localization team.
However, translation to other languages is highly appreciated - please contact the Localization team for advice.
Web2py localization engine
- T() function performs dictionary lookups (similar to GNU/gettext _()), see here for example
- the dictionaries are located in the languages subfolder of the application
- dictionaries can be translated using the web2py web interface (RAD mode)
Pootle/translate toolkit and web2py dictionaries
- Sahana Pootle server as online facility for collaboration, translation refinement and workflow control
- web2py translation dictionaries can be converted into PO files and vice versa, e.g. using:
- web2py2po scripts (part of the Translate Toolkit)
Wiki pages translation
- translated pages with ISO 639-2 language code extension (original english page = no extension), e.g.
- original page: trac.sahanapy.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation
- german translation: trac.sahanapy.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation/de
- insert [[TranslatedPages]] macro to display a list of available translations of a page (at best at bottom of page)
- Babel - good toolkit to combine with GNU/gettext
- LaunchPad Translations - access to Ubuntu community
- GoogleTranslate can be used to help translators get started, but needs humans to make cultural and linguistic refinements
- flow.png (20.3 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.