|Version 22 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
!OpenGeoSMS is a simple format for encoding Latitude & Longitude into a text message (SMS/Email/Twitter).
It sends as a GoogleMaps URL:
- The LatLon can be manually copied to a GPS, if the recipient is on a non-SmartPhone or has no Internet access from that location.
- If they have a SmartPhone then they can click on the URL to see the location being discussed on a map
- If they have the Android application then they can get additional functionality to support Incident Reporting, Task Dispatch & peer to peer Team Communications ("I am here", "Where are you?", "Where shall we meet?")
Developed by ITRI Taiwan. Binary:
Sahana Eden has outbound support is in
msg.prepare_opengeosms(self, location_id, code="S", map="google", text="")
- S = Sahana
- ST = Sahana Task Dispatch
- SI = Sahana Incident Report
- Eden also supports OpenStreetMap URLs as a future extension
This will be useful for:
- support for Inbound SMS to IRS
- include replies with URL of resource to upload photos/videos
- Work with phone book entries as well as manual entry (currently these give 'the phone number is unusable')
- 'About' help text for "Where shall we meet?" currently appears on all map screens
- About page with Version
- Should be possible to report Incidents for locations other than where the reporter is currently
- Incident Reports Inbox for the acks (Incident Reports goes here if there are acks, along with a big button to 'Report New Incident'?)
- Support acknowledging Tasks Dispatched
- Configuration settings for default number to send incident reports to
- Can be embedded easily into downloadable app for preconfiguration of a Sahana instance
- Can be easily hidden to prevent users from overriding (& alsdo the IRS number in general)
- Add ability to get to StreetView from the Map
- Support uploading Photos/Videos to an Incident
- Support OpenStreetMap URLs
- Also allow either URL to open either Base Map
- mobile_app1.png (106.9 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- mobile_app2.png (108.8 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- mobile_app3.png (135.1 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- mobile_app4.png (116.5 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- mobile_app5.png (84.7 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip