|Version 5 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Sunflower is a template that will be used by the Sahana Software Foundation (SSF) as a community management and coordination tool.
Sahana Sunflower will help the Sahana Software Foundation manage information about:
- grants and funding opportunities
- peer organizations
It will also be used to promote our work to the general public. One potential use is to generate iframes with deployment information and maps that can be embedded in the SSF website.
- Volunteers will use Sunflower to manage community tasks so that they know what needs to be done.
- Newcomers to the Sahana Community will use Sahana Sunflower to find out what they can do to contribute to Sahana Software Foundation projects.
- People interested in Sahana software will use Sunflower to find out how Sahana software is used by different organizations around the world.
- Active deployments can use Sunflower as a destination for posting tasks related to their specific project.
- SSF members can use Sunflower to track the status of internal projects, update directories or contacts and organizations, and log information about opportunities for grants and jobs.
- Users can view news feeds from peer organizations and thought leaders.
<Outline the requirements here> <Group requirements in subsections, e.g. functional, non-functional, interoperability etc.>
Data models for Sunflower objects can be found here: https://docs.google.com/a/sarapisfoundation.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArhSktWsQi1VdE5lQncyYWNESUxsdXdDYUI3ZEg1dEE&usp=sharing
There have been suggestions that we determine a way in which to recognise top contributors - one way of doing this would be to give people "Points" (Sunflower seeds?) for completing tasks. This could work something like:
- All members can vote on the number of points a task is worth (0-5). The value of the task is the average of those votes. If there are no votes, a task gets 1 point.
- When a task is completed, the member that the task is assigned to gets the average value of their votes (although their own vote is ignored)
- On the homepage the top contributors based on points accumulated over the past month are displayed
- We can also keep historic point talleys over time
- View a list of Sahana Volunteers
- Show a Volunteer Profile page with a list of the tasks that they have completed
- View a list of tasks needing to be done for Sahana
- View a map/table/chart of Sahana Deployments
- Log a task that needs to be done in Sahana
- View a list of internal Sahana contacts.
- View a list of peer organizations.
- View a list of opportunities (grants, jobs, etc) and their status.
- Use a bootstrap theme
- Use datalists (http://demo.drm.tl/eden/default/index/newsfeed) and summary pages (http://demo.lacrmt.sahanafoundation.org/eden/stats/people/summary) to present data
- "News" could be implemented in a couple of different ways:
- Using custom code to pull data together from Projects, Deployments & Events (MH: My choice)
- Use a dedicated data-model just for news (would require updating)
- Use the update functionality (as on the CRMT homepage)
- Register as Member would disappear when logged in
- You could toggle between members & deployment layers on the map
- You could toggle between all tasks & tasks for beginners
- Do we want to switch the boxs for tasks & news?
Summary page of members (probably use the "Volunteer" data model - would volunteer be a better term?):
- Datalist showing members + photos
- Map of Members
- Chart of Members per country
Summary page of deployments (could these be a filtered type of project?)
These would be things like GSOC projects & other internal projects (Communication Strategy, Blog Update, etc). Summary page:
Does it make sense having a list or all organisations here? Or just partners? Summary page:
<Leave open for a list of implementation>
<Links to external resources>