|Version 19 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Text Search
Table of Contents
The Blueprint outlines the development of two functionalities for Sahana Eden. They are:
- It will provides users to search for text in uploaded documents.
- It will provide users to search for text over multiple resources (eg. Organization, Hospital, etc.).
- The End Users
- TLDRMP : Timor Leste Disaster Risk Management Portal
- CSN : Community Stakeholder Network
- LAC: Los Angeles County
- IFRC : International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
For Full-Text Search:
- The user will have to go to Document module and Search option. Then he has to type the text(or the specified query format) to search in all the uploaded documents.
- The result will be the name on the document, the link to the uploaded documents(specifying the authorization checks) and a line of text containing the search string.
For Full Text Search:
- Proper understanding and the work model of S3Search(depricated) and S3Filter is required.
- Literature study of Apache Lucene and PyLucene.
- Getting familiar with PyLucene and deploy it into my local machine.
- Studying the linkage of the Lucene daemon and web2py server.
- Extend the functionality of S3Filter by introducing an addition feature (which is a text field) to search for text through documents.
- The user should have PyLucene installed in there machine.
- Also, while starting the web2py server, the Lucence deamon should also start.
- In case of failure, the search query related to full-text search will not be functional.
Chats and Discussions