|Version 22 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Text Search
Table of Contents
The Blueprint outlines the development of two functionalities for Sahana Eden. They are:
- It will provides users to search for text in uploaded documents.
- It will provide users to search for text over multiple resources (eg. Organization, Hospital, etc.).
- The End Users
- TLDRMP : Timor Leste Disaster Risk Management Portal
- CSN : Community Stakeholder Network
- LAC: Los Angeles County
- IFRC : International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
For Full-Text Search:
- The user will have to go to Document module and Search option. Then he has to type the text(or the specified query format) to search in all the uploaded documents.
- The result will be the name on the document, the link to the uploaded documents(specifying the authorization checks) and a line of text containing the search string.
For Full Text Search:
- Proper understanding and the work model of S3Search(depricated) and S3Filter is required.
- Literature study of Apache Lucene and PyLucene. Getting familiar with PyLucene and deploy it into my local machine.
- Studying the linkage of the Lucene daemon and web2py server.
- Extend the functionality of S3Filter by introducing an addition feature (which is a text field) to search for text through documents.
- A user interface for displaying the search result.
- The user should have PyLucene installed in there machine.
- Also, while starting the web2py server, the Lucence deamon should also start.
- In case of failure, the search query related to full-text search will not be functional.
For Full-Text Search:
- The workflow will be according to the use case described above. First the user should need to analyze whether he wants to search through all the uploaded documents or any resource specific document.
- The user should go the the Document -> Search.
- Type the following query(string) he wants to search for.
- The output will be the response of the Lucene Daemon running in the background.
- The response will be displayed in the form as the search result for that query.
- This type of search is to search for text in uploaded documents over multiple resources.
- Go to that particular resource(eg. Hospital, Organization, etc) -> Search.
- You have to type the particular resource in which you want to search(normal search) and also string in the text filter for document search.
- So, it will search on the basis of the resource associated to the document and the search string for the document search.(So we will limit our search to only those documents for which a particular resource is associated.)
- The response will be recorded and displayed as an output. Here there will be two categories of output. The first one would be the normal output of the search filter form and after that we would show the search results for the output of the full-text based query (the display/UI would be same as for unrelated search).
Chats and Discussions