|Version 11 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Vehicle Routing
Table of Contents
The Vehicle Routing Problem (VRP), tries to optimise the transportation of resources from a warehouse, to various other shelters, based on a variety of factors.
Another motivation of this module, is to provide an appropriate planning mechanism, for the users involved.
The main aim, of this module, is to get rid of any manual calculations, during this optimisation.
This solution results in:
- Better management of routing vehicles
- Route planning for resources
This module is basically an extension of this problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_routing_problem
- Supplier (Warehouse) (includes Warehouse Manager, Fleet Manager, Finance Officer)
- Shelter (includes Volunteers at Shelter)
- Transport Staffers (Driver)
Who are affected?
- Sahana Developers - Few of the models, should be tweaked
- Warehouse - Extra information to be provided about capacity of vehicles
- Transport Staffers - Additional communication about routes to be taken
- Volunteers at Shelter - Additional data, about arrival time(s) of resources
- Supplier wants the solution to, share the resources requested amongst his vehicles, so that, he doesn’t waste time, doing so.
- Supplier wants the solution to, give an efficient route for all of his vehicles, so that, he doesn’t waste fuel, taking longer routes.
- Volunteers at Shelter wants the solution to, give ETA, of the requested resources, so that, they can plan accordingly.
- Volunteers at Shelter wants the solution to, tell where the current location of the dispatched resources are.
- Driver wants the solution to, give the route to his vehicle.
<Group requirements in subsections, e.g. etc.> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirements_analysis requirements> <Identify different types of requirements:>
<Where relevant include alternative design options>
(e.g. EER or class diagrams)
<Diagrams or Pseudocode>
<for User Interface solutions>
<for User Interface solutions>
<Leave open for a list of existing implementation of this solution in Sahana Eden:> <*a brief description of the implementation (date/time, name, design options chosen)> <*a link to the code> <*list of deployments of the implementation> <*links to case studies> <*short analysis of achievements/problems>
<List of goals for your implementations which you (include your name/github repo/IRC handle) are currently working on>
- a transportation network with known status of availability
- a set of suppliers, having a fleet of vehicles of given capacities, and a warehouse of goods
- a set of demands (who, what, when)
- sufficient vehicles
- sufficient drivers
- sufficient fuel
- vehicles transport all the fuel they need for transport
- satisfy all demands within their time windows
- minimize total distance (assume for the moment that this also minimizes delivery time)
<List of features which could be included, but are outside of the scope of this extension>
i) delivery time windows (I have already included them into the base case)
ii) minimize fuel consumption
iii) maximize the number of demands satisfied
iv) handle routes that suddenly become unavailable
v) re-optimization of plan if routes become available again, without sending vehicles home
vi) handle different types of routes (street, air, water, protection required, ...)
vii) handle case of too few vehicles to transport all in one shot
viii) low fuel at start
ix) low fuel availability within the network to refuel vehicle
x) handle time for loading/unloading
xi) handle breakdowns of vehicles
xii) online version with new demands coming in over time
xiii) assignment of drivers to vehicles
<Questions about the features or design that haven't been (and need to be) answered>
<Links to external resources>