|Version 4 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Disaster Victim Identification
The DVI application can be used to track the recovery and identification of dead bodies.
DVI is an additional application within the VITA application group, and is closely related to the tracking of missing persons, where the Person Finder application captures ante-mortem information, while the DVI application collects post-mortem data and assists the matching of both data sets.
Dead bodies will be recovered from the scene and taken to a collection point or morgue, where some standard procedures are performed to capture post-mortem information for clearing the cause of death and establishing the identity of the deceased.
At the same time, detailed ante-mortem data will be gathered for person who have been reported missing (usually in interviews with relatives), in order to match them with post-mortem reports.
If a possible match is found, the case will be completed by additional cross-checks to eventually establish the identification of the deceased (or to rule it out).
The DVI application covers the following workflows/use-cases:
- Recovery of dead bodies from the scene to a morgue or similar place for storage
- Tracking the location of a body
- Tracking the status of death investigation and identification
- Capture of post-mortem information of each body
- Matching of dead bodies with missing person reports
- Identification of dead bodies
- Implemented in Sahana-Eden trunk
- see also: Person Finder Application