|Version 4 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blueprint for Feed Management
The purpose of this component is to aggregate feeds of data coming from a variety of channels, turn that data into an action item, fulfilling that item through EDEN enabled work flows and doing reporting on this activity.
Wireframe with three pages - Configure Feeds, View Feeds and View Feed Items: https://docs.google.com/a/sarapisfoundation.org/drawings/d/1N8DpQxpztpAZjk7_atVKYSOX3e8t1WBtPFCWVNGLhWY/edit
This screen allows users to create feed widgets and place them into a layout to create their own custom feed page (View Feed).
- Accounts: shows the user a list of available inbound communication accounts. They can select which account(s) they want to include in their feed. They can also click a link to add additional accounts if necessary. Potential types of accounts could include:
- Views: the user selects the size and display type of the feed they want to create.
- Filters: these are the options the user can apply to feeds to manipulate it's output. These filter options will change depending on the type of active inbound channels. Once a set of filters are selected, the feed widget can be generated, previewed and created.
- Preview Area: this is where the feed widget is displayed before it's created.
- Layout: In the layout area the user determined how many columns they want in their feeds page (View Feed). They can then place active feed widgets into that layout to create their own customizable feed page (View Feed).
- Available Feeds: Once a feed widget has been created, it appears in the available feeds area. Once there, it can be placed into the Layout and then, when the user's feed page (View Feed) is refreshed, the feed will appear in that position.
- Configure Feeds
- Add available accounts
- Set up filters
- Pick a view
- Preview feed to see what it will look like
- Create feed
- Place feed into layout
This page contains a place where the user can post to internal and external accounts, view the feeds they've set up and interact with items within those feeds.
- Post area:
- Select accounts through which you'd like to post. Different acccounts have differnet possible formats.
- Select format of post - tweet, news, event, request, resource. A popup box might be neccissary if a more complicated format is selected.
- Add additional media, link shortening, geotaging, etc.
- View area: This area contains all the feeds there were laid out in the Configure Feeds screen. Each feed consists of items. Those items can be manipulated in the following ways:
- Tag: this helps sort the item
- Note: discussions can be had about each individual item through threaded notes
- Bookmark: this saves the item to the user's personal bookmark section
- Share: this allows users to share items internally and externally
- Edit: the item can be edited and transformed into another format. This activity would take place in a popup window.
Item Editor (popup)
The item edit can be used to:
- Create New items
- Edit existing items
- Transform items from one format into another format
In Transform Mode: the existing post in it's current format is placed next to a set of fields of the newly selected format into which it will be transformed. After the transformation, a note with a link to the original item will be added to the next item.
A proposed list of the fields for each format is listed below Tweet content under 140 characters, select acct News Notes, Tags, Date/Time, Location, Source (org, network, contact), Link Events Add Notes, Tags, Date/Time (start/end), Location, Source (org, network, contact), Link Request Priority, Add Items (people, inventory, assets), For (location, contact) Resources Subtype: contact, supplies, asset, person, service, file