|Version 17 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint for the S3 Framework
This area is to develop & enhance the S3 Framework wich is built on top of T2/Web2Py.
Current framework features are documented here: DeveloperGuidelinesS3Framework
- Authentication, Authorization & Accounting
- Breadcrumbs: http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/bbbbe2c60a8da2cf
- CSS Cleanup
- Many to Many widget
- Represent split between HTML & non-HTML modes
- RESTful API
- Web Setup
- User settings
- Loaded into session at login
- Update session if table updated
- Read from session whenever needed
- Have a 'Search Resource' button in .comment next to 'Add Resource'
- brings up a popup which provides options for advaned search (e.g. Person in Org X & Office Y, working on Project Z)
- integrate into a single 'Search/Add Resource' button?
- Widgets for module functionality which can be added to frontpage of site/module
- Dashboard or key 'Add XXX Resource' forms
- Same ones to embed in remote sites? (just include S3_PUBLIC_URL)
- Widget functionality includes the 'code to embed in your site' option
- Login widget on frontpage of site when logged-out
Whilst Web2Py is fundamentally an MVC framework, it encourages pushing back as much as possible into the Controller, Model or even Module to gain the benefits of re-use of code & massively simplified prototyping.
If we think this could become problematic then we could choose to avoid this:
There is already support in the framework for this:
- Manual Forms
- Form Field fragments: e.g.
Q: Is it worth developing a version of the RESTlike controller which uses Manual Forms instead of Tools/T2?