|Version 7 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Sahana Eden is now featured on the OSGeo Live project hosted by the Open Source Geospatial Foundation.
The Sahana Eden project leads for this are:
- Fran Boon
- Gavin Treadgold
The OSGeo Live project uses installation scripts to install and configure applications to work on the local environment, as well as configure the maps relative to the local spatial data that is installed on OSGeo Live.
The OSGeo Live 4.5 install script for Sahana Eden is available here.
OSGeo Live 4.5 Documentation
The following two sections are the text that will be provided on the Live installation. Note that the original text is cut-and-paste from the 4.0 version that contained Sahana Agasti.
OSGeo Live 4.5 Sahana Eden Overview
GT - need screenshot(s) per specs, probably brief para on SSF and mission, flesh out overview some more
Sahana Eden - Disaster Management Platform
Sahana Eden is a Family of Applications to Help You Help Others. Solutions are available for Disaster Management, Emergency Management, Development, Humanitarian and Environmental sectors. Free and Open Source means that it is easily Customisable and Extensible.
- Requests Management - Tracks requests for aid and matches them against donors who have pledged aid.
- Volunteer Management - Manage volunteers by capturing their skills, availability and allocation.
- Missing Persons Registry - Report and Search for Missing Persons.
- Disaster Victim Identification.
- Shelter Registry - Tracks the location, distibution, capacity and breakdown of victims in Shelters.
- Hospital Management System - Hospitals can share information on resources & needs.
- Organization Registry - "Who is doing What & Where". Allows relief agencies to coordinate their activities.
- Ticketing - Master Message Log to process incoming reports & requests.
- Delphi Decision Maker - Supports the decision making of large groups of Experts.
- Mapping - Situation Awareness & Geospatial Analysis.
- Messaging - Sends & Receives Alerts via Email & SMS.
- Document Library - A library of digital resources, such as Photos & Office documents.
- Ushahidi Integration - Able to integrate data from Ushahidi
- Website: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org
- Licence: MIT License
- Software Version: Eden 0.5.3
- Supported Platforms: GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, MS Windows
- API Interfaces: Web, Python (Sahana Eden)
- Support: http://www.sahanafoundation.org/support, http://wiki.sahanafoundation.org/doku.php?id=community:mailing_lists, http://www.sahanafoundation.org/chat
About the Sahana Software Foundation
The Mission of the Sahana Software Foundation is to help alleviate human suffering by giving emergency managers, disaster response professionals and communities access to the information that they need to better prepare for and respond to disasters through the development and promotion of free and open source software and open standards. Our Vision is to build and sustain a global open and collaborative community of contributors to information and communications technologies for disaster management, in order to:
- Support the needs of Sahana customers through promoting and developing innovative open source solutions for disaster information management
- Support the adoption of open standards for data exchange between information systems to manage disaster data.
The Sahana Software Foundation was established in 2009 as a non-profit organization to serve the needs and requirements of a diverse group of customers:
- Government agencies and jurisdictions at the national, provincial or state, and local levels
- UN Agencies, international and local charitable organizations (NGOs)
- Communities & disaster victims
- Technology companies & software developers
OSGeo Live 4.5 Sahana Eden Quickstart
- GT - must be logged in to edit, otherwise limited to just viewing
- GT - should already be set up and ready to go, need to introduce basic usage, provide sample user credentials.
- GT - provide links to fun stuff to investigate, particularly the spatial goodness (link to geoexplorer page? http://127.0.0.1:8000/eden/gis/geoexplorer)
- GT - link to Ushahidi goodness (http://127.0.0.1:8000/eden/irs/ireport/ushahidi)
- GT - OSM integration? (http://127.0.0.1:8000/eden/gis/map_viewing_client http://127.0.0.1:8000/eden/gis/layer_openstreetmap)
- GT - introduce key modules to highlight
- GT - list specific spatial dev skills interested in
- GT - link to Eden Dev pages, Trac, LP etc.
- GT - links to Eden