|Version 5 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blue Print - Resource Select / Add
In Sahana many resources refer to other resources, eg:
- A Office refers to an Organisation
- A Warehouse refers to a Location
- An assessment refers to a Staff Member (person)
We need to have a method to enter these referred to inputs which includes:
- Auto-completing typed text
- Searching a detailed list of resources
- Allows adding new resources, while also also minimising duplicates
This should all take place in a user friendly workflow.
This design has been based around the location resource, as it is one of the most complex. A number of these features are unique to the location resource, and these have been noted.
- Display a "Select" Button (the button isn't clear in the image) next to the field to open the Select Pop-Up.
- The field should have an autocomplete which searches the "represent" of the location.
- For locations the represent should include some information about the parent of that location, eg. Manserha, Abbottabad, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Town, District, Province). This could be a deployment setting.
- The organisation represent should include the Acronym of the Orgaisation.
The Select Pop-Up gives the user a better interface to search for the correct location, and has an button to go to the Add Pop-Up
- More detailed information on each location
- Ability to do more advanced searches for locations (like http://www.drrprojects.net/drrp/drrpp/project/list)
This feature is not just for Locations, but for any resource referring to a location, eg. Warehouses, Offices, Assessments...
- Show all current locations (with pop-ups that indicated what resources are associated with that location). If this is a map for another resource (warehouse, office, asseesment...), it would be good to have an option for showing:
- Just the locations of that resources
- All locations (with pop-ups that indicated what resources are associated with that location)
This would be a type of wizard that guided the user through the process.
1. Type (Level)
This form would be specific to locations.
- ? represents possible coordinates as calculated from geocode
- Display other locations too (just points or polygons too?)
- Have an option to select current location using HTML5 geolocater
- Have an option to skip this step
4. Confirm / Check for Duplicates
- This would be some sort of algorithm to search for similarity between the new location and existing locations (using either on text fields or using lat/long). This step could be skipped if none are found.
- Similar locations would be listed and the user could select one of those instead
- Or add a new one.
- Close the pop-up and go back to the main form.
- Field Select.jpg (12.9 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Field Select or Add.jpg (23.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Select List.jpg (88.6 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Select Map.jpg (61.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Type.jpg (64.6 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Details.jpg (116.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Confirm.jpg (93.2 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Add Map Coord.jpg (101.9 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip