|Version 21 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
VITA Person Entity Model
Version 2.0 - under construction
VITA is an application design for storage, manipulation and communication of person-related information in emergency management software applications. It defines a set of data structures, interfaces and interoperability features to be implemented by EM software applications.
- an extensible data model for tagging, tracking and tracing of person entities (PT3)
- a set of interfaces to request and manipulate person entity data
- an XML-based data format to communicate person entity data (for EDXL-DE Payload)
The PT3 Data Model
Role and Status
Names are used to identify persons in human communication. However, names of persons do not have to be unique nor do they have to be exact, and thus are no reliable identity features. The following name fields are mandatory to exist in person records:
- first_name the first names (or the only name) of the person, in romanized script
- middle_name the person's middle name (if customary), in romanized script
- last_name the last name (mostly the family name) of the person, in romanized script
- local_name the full name of the person, in a local language and script
Any of these mandatory name fields may be empty in a particular record except first_name. A name field value starting with a question mark ? indicates that this part of the name is uncertain or unknown.
'first', 'middle' and 'last' refer rather to the usual writing order of a person's full name than to the meaning of the name parts.
There is no need to split the full name into segments if that is not customary in the person's country of origin - in such case first_name should represent the person's full name.
In case there are multiple local languages to represent the person's name, the local_name should be in the language/script that is most likely readable by that person and/or their relatives.
An application may define additional name fields to represent e.g. titles, nicknames or pseudonyms, however, these additional fields must not be used to repeat or replace any of the mandatory fields.
PT3F XML Format
For the time being, this XML format shall be referred to as PT3F.
- SahanaPy Person Management (in progress)