Blueprint for Zero Configuration Networking
Provide automatic service discovery so that a group of Netbooks running Sahana can find each other without the need for configuration.
This is currently Implemented using:
- Python Multicast DNS Service Discovery: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzeroconf/
- Patched version used: https://code.launchpad.net/~flavour/pyzeroconf/trunk
- Apple's Bonjour:
- Microsoft's SSDP (used by UPnP):
- Java's JINI (now Apache River):
- This would need us to use Java libs via Jython unless we write our own Python libs!
The Open standard, SLP, seems unmaintained:
Last modified 14 years ago Last modified on 08/20/09 12:48:47
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.